Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 1 brie cheese round
- 1 package frozen puff pastry sheets
- jam (berry and apricot both work well, or try a spiced jam)
- chopped walnuts
- egg wash (1 egg mixed with 1 tbsp (15 ml) or so of water
- crackers (i.e. water crackers or Pepperidge Farm assorted--wheat thins are kind of small for this)
- Thaw one sheet of pastry.
- Remove brie from packaging (leave white rind on).
- Cover top with jam.
- Cover jam with chopped nuts.
- Wrap brie in pastry dough sealing on the underside.
- Brush on egg wash.
- Bake in a 350 degree (175 C.) oven until pastry is golden brown (this should allow plenty of time for cheese inside to melt--don't be surprised it some oozes out, it's o.k.).
- Place on serving dish with knife and crackers of your choice.
- A seat of the pants recipe passed on from a neighbor and has worked fine every time I've made it!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.