Print Friendly Recipe
- Johann and SusanM
- 12 (1/2-inch-thick) slices from a long Italian loaf (3 inches wide)
- 3-1/2 tbsp (50 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 6-1/2 oz (182 grm). jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed well, and patted dry
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) heavy cream
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) chopped pitted green olives (1/2 cup)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) finely chopped red onion
- Preheat broiler.
- Arrange bread slices in 1 layer on a baking sheet and brush tops with 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) oil (total).
- Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat until golden on top, about 30 seconds.
- Turn toasts over and broil until golden, about 30 seconds more.
- Transfer toasts to a rack to cool.
- Pulse artichokes with cream in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir together olives, onion, and 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) oil in a small bowl.
- Spread toasts evenly with artichoke cream and top with olive mixture.
- Drizzle with remaining 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) oil just before serving.
- As a shortcut (and so that the toasts wouldn't get soggy waiting for guests to arrive) I mix the ingredients and serve the toasts on the side (without the extra drizzle of oil). Also eliminate the brushing of toasts with oil.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.