Print Friendly Recipe
- Vicky Bryant
- 1 chicken, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chili powder
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) curry powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) paprika
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb (.5 kg). sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 cup (225 ml) coconut milk
- 3 cups (700 ml) water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in big pot and saut onion and garlic until onion is slightly caramelized.
- The onion gets nice and sweet when you let it brown a little (This should take about 5 to 7 minutes).
- Add chicken chunks and continue cooking for about 3 minutes.
- Add all remaining spices and stir for a few minutes.
- Let this mixture cook until chicken is tender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients; adjust any seasonings necessary. (This is where I always add more cilantro, curry, and cumin.)
- I serve this dish with spiced rice which is also posted for you. This has to be my favorite dish and it makes the house smell WONDERFUL!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.