Print Friendly Recipe
- Vicky Bryant
Serves/Makes:as much as needed
- Basmati Rice - as much as needed
- sticks of cinnamon
- whole cloves
- 1 whole onion, diced
- oil and butter
- golden raisins
- Rinse rice 3 to 4 times.
- Melt butter and a little oil in the pot you re cooking the rice in.
- Once onion is tender add uncooked rice and stir to coat and brown just a bit.
- Add cinnamon (I buy the cinnamon found in the bags in the Mexican section of the grocery store they are cheaper but still flavorful).
- Add the whole cloves.
- Add appropriate amount of water, put lid on, and cook for the recommended time WITHOUT removing lid.
- Once done remove lid (test for doneness though), remove whole cloves and sticks of cinnamon.
- Stir in golden raisins and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- You can also put whole cloves in several little cheesecloth purses and place them in the rice in different areas to distribute flavor. I just bite the bullet though and toss them into the rice then pick them out.
I usually make enough rice for 8 people and use 1 very large white onion and put about 10 whole cloves in and 3 - 4 sticks of cinnamon and about 1 cup golden raisins.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.