Print Friendly Recipe
- Taco filling
- Matt Aggleton
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2 packages Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). corn starch (or more)
- basil, fresh or dried
- garlic powder
- crushed red pepper
- chili powder
- water, as needed
- (serving suggestions below)
- Place beef into large pot with garlic, basil, crushed red pepper, oregano, and chili powder to taste (approx. a healthy sprinkling of each).
- Brown and drain beef and set aside.
- Place diced onion and peppers into pot, cook uncovered on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients, including beef, to the pot.
- Add water up to just under the level of the mixture.
- Cook on medium heat uncovered for about 20 minutes or until sauce thickens. If sauce isn't thickening, add more corn starch.
- Serve in taco shells or tortilla wraps or even just with a plate of nachos. Use salsa, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and sour cream as toppings.
Works great as leftovers or if cooked a day or two early. Sauce thickens up even more then refrigerated.
My own recipe, with suggestions from my brother. Enjoy!
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.