Print Friendly Recipe
- Old Family Recipe
Serves/Makes:2 9 inch layers
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) self rising flour
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vinegar
- 2 bottles red food coloring
- Cream cheese icing:
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). package cream cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped nuts optional
- Beat eggs, add sugar and cream together then beat in oil and vinegar.
- Sift flour and add alternately to misture with buttermilk. Add vanilla and feed coloring.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Cool and ice.
- Cream sugar, butter, and cream cheese together
- Add nuts and ice cooled cake.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.