Print Friendly Recipe
- Basic Pancakes with variations
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) to 1/2 cup (125 ml) cooking oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Drop by spoonfuls on hot oiled griddle (or waffle iron).
- Cook on medium or medium-low heat (check to see if underside of pancake is getting too brown and turn down heat).
- If making pancakes, turn over when bubbles appear and edge of pancake is golden brown when lifted.
- Serve with syrup of choice.
- Variation #1 Buckwheat Pancakes: Substitute 1 c. buckwheat flour and 1 c. white flour for 2 c. white flour.
Variation #2 Cornmeal Pancakes: Substitute 1 1/2 c. cornmeal and 1/2 cup flour for 2 c. flour.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.