Print Friendly Recipe
- A no-bake Christmas treat
- Esther Kelley's daughter
- 1 cup (225 ml) fine, dry cookie crumbs (Mom used ginger snaps)
- 1 cup (225 ml) sifted confectioner's sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). cocoa (use only if you substitute vanilla wafers for ginger snaps)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). ground ginger
- 1 cup (225 ml) finely chopped pecans
- 2 tsp (10 ml). corn syrup OR molasses
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dark rum
- Additional confectioner's sugar and/or crushed pecans for rolling the balls in.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients. Mix well. Stir in the syrup or molasses and rum. Shape into 1 inch balls with hands dusted with confectioner's sugar. roll balls in sifted confectioner's sugar &/or crushed pecans. Store in a covered jar in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Combine the first six ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Stir in the syrup or molasses and the rum.
- Shape into 1 inch balls with hands dusted with onfectioner's sugar.
- Roll balls in confectioner's sugar or crushed pecans. Store in a covered jar in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Brandy Balls:
- Replace the rum in the above recipe with 1/4 cup (60 ml) brandy and replace the ginger snaps with vanilla wafers.
- Follow the same instructions.
- My mother has been gone for several years but we make these every Christmas. Her family came from Finland and it was a tradition with them.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.