Print Friendly Recipe
- Carrots and Onions
- Amanda Burrows
Serves/Makes:2 1/2 c.
- 2 cups (475 ml) sliced carrots
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brown sugar, firmly packed
- In medium saucepan, partially cook carrots in water for 10 minutes.
- Drain water off carrots.
- Stir in onion, sugar, butter, and nutmeg.
- Simmer stirring occasionally for 15 minutes or until tender.
- I got this recipe from my Great Aunt Barbara Thompson. If you love sweet carrots, you will love this dish!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.