Print Friendly Recipe
- Side Dish
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brown rice
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped onion
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) pine nuts
- 2 cups (475 ml) broth, chicken or vegetable
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- In a large ovenproof skillet, melt the butter.
- Saute the rices, onion, mushrooms and pine nuts over medium heat until the onion and mushrooms are soft.
- Pour the broth over the rice mixture and cover tightly.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours or until rice is tender.
- This dish works well as a vegetarian dish when vegetable broth is used.
It also works well as a side dish for meats and poultry.
It's a quick dish to put together and reheats well.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.