Print Friendly Recipe
- World's Best Banana Bread
- Joyce Bartol
- 9 overripe bananas
- 3 cups (700 ml) sugar
- 3 sticks margarine, softened
- 6 eggs
- 6 cups (1425 ml) flour
- 3 tsp (15 ml) baking soda
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) baking powder
- 3 cups (700 ml) pecans or walnuts, chopped
- Cream margarine and sugar well.
- Add eggs.
- Add bananas and mix well.
- Come dry ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients to banana mixture and mix well.
- Add nuts by hand.
- Pour into 3 greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30 minutes.
- Reduce to 300 degrees (150 C.) and bake an additional 30 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Freezes well.
- In my many years in the kitchen, this is by far the best banana bread recipe I have tried, and I have tried many. I always freeze 2 loaves, because they freeze so well. Then in a minutes notice I have something to rely on out of the freezer. Margarine must be one that contains at least 65% vegetable oil.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.