Print Friendly Recipe
- Liz Cosper
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) flour
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) mashed banana
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) plus 1 tbsp (15 ml) buttermilk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
- In another bowl put wet ingredients.
- Add to flour mixture until just combined.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a GREASED loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 1 hour or until done.
- Recipe does not double well.
- I have never had a failure. Everyone loves it! My most requested recipe.
The bananas should be VERY ripe! You can make 2 small loaves instead of one large and shorten the baking time.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.