Print Friendly Recipe
- This gives extra flavour to dove, quail, pheasant, wild turkey, and other fowl. Adjust ingredients to taste or to compliment what you're cooking.
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) pickling spice, crushed in a mortar and pestle or spice mill
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) coarsely-ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) white pepper
- 2 tsp (10 ml) dry mustard
- 2 tsp (10 ml) powdered ginger
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cayenne
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground nutmeg
- 6 to 8 juniper berries, crushed in a mortar and pestle or spice mill
- Stir all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Store the rub in a tightly closed jar.
- It keeps indefinitely but loses its potency over time.
Copyright ©1997-2021 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.