Print Friendly Recipe
- One Dish Meal
- Jessica Gilbreath
Serves/Makes: 6 or more
- 1 box frozen broccoli
- 1 large can sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups (700 ml) brown rice
- 1 can cheddar flavored french fried onions
- 1 can cream of chicken w/herbs soup
- 1 lb (.5 kg). bite-sized chicken pieces
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) garlic powder
- 2 oz (56 grm). sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Prepare rice acording to directions, drain and set aside.
- Place mushrooms(with liquid) in sauce pan with broccoli and garlic powder, simmer until broccoli is tender. The liquid should be almost gone. Do not drain.
- Mix all ingredients together (except cheddar).
- Place the mixture in a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle cheddar on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 20-30 minutes.
- Don't add any salt before tasting it because of the salt content in the onions and soup.
I like this one because you have a well balenced meal, by just adding some fruit for a dessert.
Also,if you cook the rice then start the broccoli, you can get this all together in 20 minutes. So, you can have dinner ready in 40 minutes!!!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.