Print Friendly Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) ground hazelnuts
- 12 oz (336 grm). fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dark rum
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) powdered sugar (approx.) for sprinkling cookies
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add hazelnuts and set aside.
- In a metal bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, melt chocolate and butter, stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat, stir in rum; let mixture cool.
- Whisk in eggs.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Cover and chill in fridge for 1 hour.
- Place half the dough on a sheet of wax paper.
- Form into a 10-inch log, using paper as a size guide and to roll it up in.
- Repeat with 2nd half.
- Chill logs wrapped in wax paper for 4 hours in fridge (will keep in fridge for 1 week).
- Can keep in freezer for 1 month, but thaw in fridge 4 hours before slicing).
- At time of baking:
- Thaw in fridge for 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.) and lightly butter or spray baking sheet.
- Cut logs into 1/2-inch-thick slices and place on baking sheet (cookies will hardly spread). Hint: butter or spray the knife - cookies are gooey.
- Bake cookies in batches in middle of oven for 9 minutes.
- Remove from sheet and cool.
- Sprinkle heavily with powdered sugar.
- A great make-ahead cookie dough for quick and easy baking at the last minute! (Along with Coconut Classics on this site.)
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.