Print Friendly Recipe
- Great for brunch or breakfast
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cinnamon
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). butter or margarine
- 2 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) to 3 tbsp (45 ml) brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (225 C.).
- In a blender or large bowl, mix eggs, milk, flour, granulated sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon until blended.
- If using a mixer, batter will remain slightly lumpy.
- Melt butter or margarine in a 12 inch fluted porcelain quiche dish or a 13 x 9 inch baking dish in oven.
- Add apple slices to baking dish.
- Return to oven until butter or margarine sizzles. Do not let brown.
- Remove dish from oven and immediately pour batter over apples.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake in middle of oven 20 minutes or until puffy and brown.
- Serve immediately.
- Lovely to look at and delicious to eat. Just the right amount of sweetness so no syrup is necessary.
From HP Books, Cookery for Entertaining.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.