Print Friendly Recipe
- Gourmet Oil & Vinegar Salad Dressing
Serves/Makes:1 1/3 c.
- 1 cup (225 ml) olive oil
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) balsamic or raspberry/wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). garlic powder (or more, to taste)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) or 2 tsp (10 ml). dried basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). coarse ground black pepper
- 1 dash turmeric powder
- Several dashes red/cayenne pepper (optional)
- Couple dashes dried oregano leaves
- Put olive oil in a jar, preferably with lid.
- Add vinegar.
- Add spices and herbs.
- Shake or whisk well, until oil and vinegar emulsify.
- Serve over or toss with salads.
- Measurements are approximate. I just do it out of my head: I don't measure. You can adjust the vinegar to taste. Ditto the herbs and spices. And you can safely improvise (add or delete) items for subtle variation in flavor. I ALWAYS use olive oil (better for the body); but walnut oil, sesame oil, or flax oil are interesting and healthful substitutes. Play with the vinegars: there are so many different ones now in supermarkets. Rosemary garlic vinegar is great, for instance.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.