Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:5 dozen or more
- 1 cup (225 ml) shortening
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 2 oz (56 grm). baking chocolate, melted
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) baking soda
- Cream shortening and sugar well.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add melted chocolate (cooled so as not to cook egg mixture!).
- Gradually blend in dry ingredients which have been sifted together.
- Fill cookie press and form cookies on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Recipe is from a Mirro Cookie-Pastry Press recipe pamphlet.
It says any solid shortening may be used. For flavor, use at least half butter or margarine. I use all butter.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.