Print Friendly Recipe
- An Australian camp dish
- Woman's Day "Parties,Parties, Parties" (Australia)
- salt, to taste
- To cook damper successfully, the camp oven should be half buried in coals and more coals stacked up on the lid to brown the top of the bread.
- Mix flour and salt to a thick, scone-like dough with water.
- Knead a few times, then place in base of camp oven.
- Cover with lid and heap coals on top.
- Cook about 20 minutes.
- The legs of camp oven will keep it just above the coals so the base of bread will not burn.
- Twisters: Pull off balls of damper dough and roll between fingers into long strip.
- Wrap strip in overlapping circles around one end of a long thin green stick.
- Cook, turning, over hot coals for 10-15 minutes.
- Twister should lift free of stick quite easily.
- To eat fill with butter and jam.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.