Print Friendly Recipe
- Good salad for pulled pork or a cookout
- Vicky Bryant
- 8 oz (224 grm). uncooked rotini
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can great Northern beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 11 oz (308 grm). can whole kernel corn
- 1 2 oz (56 grm). jar pimiento, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Zesty Italian dressing
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). ground red pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). dry mustard
- Mix all the beans, corn and pimiento in bowl with juice and let marinate all together.
- While beans are in bowl cook pasta until just al dente.
- While pasta is cooking and beans are soaking mix mayonnaise, dressing, pepper, and mustard.
- Rinse rotini under cold running water to cool and remove starch (this is one of those times you don't want the pasta to be starchy).
- Pour bean mixture into colander, rinse and drain.
- Mix everything well and refrigerate for 2 hours (this part cannot be skipped).
- This is a great dish to have at a BBQ. It is very important to allow this dish to sit for the full two hours as during this time the Zesty Italian dressing calms down quite a bit. You will notice a distinct difference if you taste before and after.
If children will be eating this you might want to consider omitting the red pepper as it does leave a slight "after burn", especially for little mouths.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.