Print Friendly Recipe
- Chicken flavored with lemons.
- Glamour Magazine
- 1 whole chicken - approx. 3 lbs (1.4 kg).
- 2 medium lemons
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh lemon juice
- Kosher or sea salt
- ground black pepper
- Place rack in upper third of oven and preheat to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Wash chicken inside and out with cold water, remove the giblets, then let the chicken drain, cavity down, in a colander until reaches room temperature (about 15 minutes).
- Pat dry with paper towls.
- Pour lemon juice all over the chicken (both inside and out).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Prick the whole lemons three times with a fork and place deep inside the cavity.
- Place the bird breast-side down on a rack in a roasting pan, lower heat to 350 degrees (175 C.) and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn it breast-side up (use wooden spoons!); return it to oven for 35 minutes more.
- To make sure it's done, insert a meat thermometer in the thigh; it should read 180 degrees (80 C.), or juices should run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork.
- Continue baking if necessary.
- Let chicken cool for a few minutes before carving.
- Serve with juices.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.