Print Friendly Recipe
- Small cakes
- Robin Falconer
- 4 oz (112 grm). butter
- 4 oz (112 grm). castor sugar
- 6 oz (168 grm). flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) (level) baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 oz (28 grm). currants
- 1 tsp (5 ml). grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). milk
- Cream butter and sugar/
- Sift flour and baking powder, beat eggs.
- Add egg and flour alternately to creamed mixture; add milk to give a soft dropping of consistency.
- Mix in lemon rind and currants.
- Three-quarters fill greased queen cake or patty tins.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees (200 C.) (gas mark 5, 190c) in middle shelf.
- Editors note: It's difficult to get our program to convert accurately. The person who submitted the recipe suggest 190 degrees centigrade so I would go with that.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.