Print Friendly Recipe
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can low-fat, reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Dijon-style mustard
- 1 cup (225 ml) plain nonfat yogurt (may substitute nonfat sour cream)
- 1 cup (225 ml) skim milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried thyme
- 2 cups (475 ml) cooked brown rice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Spray 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl mix soup, mustard, yogurt and milk until blended.
- Spread half the mixture on bottom of baking dish.
- Arrange chicken breasts on top of mixture, and spread remaining mixture on top of chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle with mushrooms and thyme.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for approximately 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked (gravy will begin to brown). Remove chicken breasts and stir sauce.
- Place chicken breasts on 1/2 cup (125 ml) cooked brown rice; pour gravy over the top.
- Per serving: 348 Calories, 10 g Total Fat, 1 g Saturated Fat, 35 g Total Carbohydrate, 2 g Dietary Fiber, 329 mg Sodium, 27 g Protein, 18 mg Cholesterol
There are many wonderful recipe and information sites on the web for diabetics. This recipe comes from http://www.diabeticwatch.com
Also there are many support groups available to share with.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.