Print Friendly Recipe
- Great for special diets. Including diabetic
- MeMaw from Poppy
- 1 lb (.5 kg). veal, boneless
- 3 tsp (15 ml) garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) crushed red pepper flakes or to your own taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped onions
- flour for dusting
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) green peppers
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mushrooms, fresh or canned, drained
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can tomatoes with juice, chopped (or use equivalent amount of fresh tomatoes)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- Cook sauce in sauce pan, add garlic, onion, crushed pepper and bay leaf to sauce and cook covered until onions are tender.
- Oil large frying pan and heat.
- Coat the veal with flour and cook on medium high for 1 - 2 min per side.
- Add cut up tomato and peppers and mushrooms to fry pan and bring to boil then reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Pour sauce over veal and enjoy.
- Serves 4. 10 min prep time, 20 min. cook time.
Calories 27 Fat 1.0 g Cholestrol 0 mg. sodium 2 mg carbohydrate 5.5.g
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.