Print Friendly Recipe
- This is a sugar cookie my mom used to make when I was a child. They are very easy and good with or without icing.
- 1 cup (225 ml) shortening (scant)
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 3 cups (700 ml) flour
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vinegar
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add beaten eggs and beat until creamy.
- Add milk, vanilla and vinegar until blended.
- Add baking soda and flour.
- Drop by tsp on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree (175 C.) oven until lightly browned. I think about 8 to 10 minutes.
- I hope this is like what you are looking for. They are not a really sweet cookie, which makes them good to ice. I think you could add a teaspoon of almond extract to this recipe without a problem. They are easy and yummy.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.