Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 cups (475 ml) Oreo chocolate cookie crumbs
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 14 oz (392 grm). bag Kraft caramels
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pecan pices
- 3 8 oz (224 grm). pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 1 oz (28 grm). squares semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Mix crumbs and butter.
- Press onto bottom and 2 inches upside of 9 inch springform pan.
- Place caramels and milk in small microwable bowl.
- Microwave on high 3 minutes or untill caramels are completly melted, stiring each minute.
- 1/2 Pour of the caramel mixture into crust.
- Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Set other carmel mixture aside for later use.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs 1 at a time mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until center is almost set if using a silver springform pan.
- Run knife or metal spatula around pan to loosen cake.
- Cool before removing side of pan.
- Refrigorate 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with remaining caramel mixture and pecans just before serving.
- Melt chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over cheese cake.
- Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.