Print Friendly Recipe
- Perfect for good Italian cooking
- 8 good size tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped basil fresh or dried soaked in a little water.
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic or 1 tsp (5 ml) powder, to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil DO NOT SUBSTITUTE
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, cook tomatoes and basil over medium heat til tomatoes are soft.
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil til onion is clear.
- Add to tomato mixture, add salt and pepper.
- Let simmer for 2 hours til thick.
- Had a resturant's version of this, and honestly, the worse mess I ever have eaten. Decided to post the "real stuff". Hope you enjoy.
Prep time 20 min. Cook time 2 hours. Calories 330, chol 0 mg, carb 37.8 g.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.