Print Friendly Recipe
- Brown sugar candy
- Lottie's Favorite Cookbook
- 3 cups (700 ml) brown sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped nuts
- Put the sugar and milk into a saucepan.
- Cook, stirring constantly, to softball stage or 238 degrees (125 C.).
- Remove from heat.
- Add butter and vanilla and cool without stirring.
- When it is lukewarm, beat until creamy.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into buttered pan.
- When cooled completely cut into squares.
- I had been looking for the receipe for years. My aunts always made this candy at Christmas when I was a child.
I could never get it right until I finally found this in Lottie's Old Cookbook. I thought you might enjoy sharing this candy with your family.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.