Print Friendly Recipe
- A good main meal or a perfect side dish, anyway you have it, it's great
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). eggplant, peeled
- 5 tsp (25 ml) salt, divided
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced 1/2" thick
- 5 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks cerlery, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dried basil
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated Romano cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) Italian bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) melted butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut egg plant into 1/2" thick slices; sprinkle both sides with 3 tsp (15 ml) salt.
- Place in a deep dish; cover and let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse with cold water, drain and dry on paper towels.
- Cut egg plant into 1/2" cubes; saute in oil til lightly browned.
- Add onions, garlic, and zucchini; cook 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, celery, parsley, basil, pepper and remaining salt; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; stir in Romano cheese.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Combine crumbs and butter; sprinkle on top.
- Bake uncovered at 375 for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with mozzerella.
- Bake 5 minutes longer.
- Prep time approx. 35 min. Cook time approx. 40 - 45 min.
Cal. 200, chol. 22 mg., carb.17.7 g.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.