Print Friendly Recipe
- A simple, tastey, and healthy chili
- Betty Ann
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 2 cups (475 ml) sliced celery (optional)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped green pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) garlic salt
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). cans tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) chili powder, or to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- Brown meat and onion in Dutch oven or large frying pan; thoroughly drain all excess fat.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer, covered, for 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Serve hot.
- Tip: This dish freezes well.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.