Print Friendly Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (225 ml) buttermilk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) flour
- 2 cups (475 ml) diced rhubarb
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped nuts
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) soft butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) granulated sugar
- Combine brown sugar and oil in a bowl; stir well until smooth.
- Stir in egg, buttermilk, salt, baking soda, vanilla and flour; blend until moist.
- Fold in rhubarb and nuts.
- Turn batter into 2 greased and floured 8x4 inch loaf pans.
- Combine butter and granulated sugar until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 50 to 55 minutes or until wood pick inserted in center comes out dry.
- Turn out onto racks.
- Cool well before slicing.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.