Print Friendly Recipe
- Diane B.
- 4 ears of fresh corn, shucked
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb (.5 kg). cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) coarsely chopped scallion greens (green onions)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut corn kernels from ears, discarding cobs.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then saute corn with salt and pepper to taste, stirring, until tender about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute, stirring 1 minute.
- Add vinegar and cook, stirring, until most is evaporated, about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook, gently stirring, 1 minute.
- Remove skilled from heat and stir in scallions.
- Transfer vegetables to a large plate to cool and season with salt and pepper.
- Salad can be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
From Gourmet July 2000
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.