Print Friendly Recipe
- Not your average hot dog
- MeMaw from Laurie
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) ketchup
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) - 1/2 tsp (2 ml) tabasco sauce or more to taste
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) pickle relish (your choice)I used Hotdog relish
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 buns
- Cook onions in oil until tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except dogs and buns.
- Cut dogs lenghthwise careful not to cut through, and add to sauce.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve on warm buns with favorite toppings
- Prep time 5 min. Cook time 15 min. Cal.272, Chol.22 mg., carb.25.7 g. This is great for a hurry up side dish without the buns. Perfect main meal with buns. Fun for bar-b-ques. The uses are boundless. It's just great.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.