Print Friendly Recipe
- The Covered Bridge Cookbook
- 2 whole chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) white pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) salad oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brandy
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced pitted black olives
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) heavy cream
- toasted slivered almonds
- Split breasts to make four pieces and carefully remove skin and bones.
- Flatten slightly with edge of heavy plate or mallet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter and oil in pan and saute onions and the chicken breasts until browned on both sides, about 10 minutes per side.
- Add brandy.
- Cover and simmer about 20 minutes longer or until tender.
- Add olives and cream and cook 5 minutes more.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds.
- I found this in this great little cookbook that I found. They were giving some of the money to charity so I picked it up.... This recipe made getting the cookbook worth while for me.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.