Print Friendly Recipe
- from the Palace Cafe in Santa Barbara, CA
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) ground fresh rosemary or 1 tsp (5 ml) dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) salt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) plus 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) plus 1 tbsp (15 ml) shortening
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) buttermilk
- melted butter
- Combine flour, rosemary, sugar, salt and baking powder; mix well.
- Cut in shortening until mixture is crumbly.
- Add buttermilk and mix just until ingredients are moistened.
- Scoop batter into 12 greased muffin tins and brush with melted butter.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- I finally found this and wanted to share it! It's a family favorite. Savory muffins to go with soups, stews or even thanksgiving dinner!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.