Print Friendly Recipe
- Crisp and nutty
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shortening
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter, softened
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2-3/4 cups (650 ml) flour, unsifted
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) soda
- 9 oz (252 grm). chocolate chips
- 2 cups (475 ml) walnuts, hand-broken into large pieces
- Cream shortening, butter, vanilla, and sugars.
- Add eggs and beat thoroughly.
- Add unsifted dry ingredients.
- Stir in chips and nuts.
- Put 1 1/2 inch balls of dough on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 10 minutes.
- Cut open a brown paper bag to cool cookies on (it absorbs some of the extra oils).
- When cool place in a tightly sealed container.
- This recipe was adapted especially for Kristen. She doesn't like too many chocolate chips so I bought the usual 12 oz. bag and saved part for another use. She also requested lots of walnuts! The original recipe said sifting the dry ingredients would help make the cookies soft. I was looking for a crispy, not cakey, cookie and got it!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.