Print Friendly Recipe
- BOILED then you bake
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 4 cups (950 ml) fruit cake mix
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) spice mix (see below)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Spice mix:
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cinnamon
- 1/8 cup (30 ml) ginger
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) nutmeg
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cloves
- Combine ingredients for spice mix and place in zip-lock bag or sealed container for this and future uses.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees (150 C.).
- Grease 9 x 5 loaf pan, line with foil.
- Combine water, fruit mix, sugar, and butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, and boil gently for about 10 minutes.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and 1 tsp (5 ml) spice mix in a large bowl.
- Pour boiled mixture and stir until blended.
- Mix in eggs.
- Pour into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 90 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for at least 10 minutes.
- It's that time of year again. Time for all the good stuff. Enjoy
Prep time 15 min. Cook time 90 min.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.