Print Friendly Recipe
- Boiled then baked
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 4 cups (950 ml) fruit cake mix
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon spice mix (see recipe on this site)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees (150 C.).
- Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and line with foil.
- Combine fruit, water, sugar,and butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, and boil gently for about 10 minutes.
- Add flour, baking soda, and spice mix in a large bowl.
- Pour in the boiled mix and stir til blended.
- Mix in eggs.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake for 90 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minuted.
- It's that time of the year again. Time for the GOOD STUFF!
Prep time:15 min. Cook time: 90 min.
If you need the ingredients for the spice mix they are listed as Cinnamon Spice Mix in the index of this site.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.