Print Friendly Recipe
- Delicate, crisp cookies with a rich, buttery flavor.
- Betty Crocker Website
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) almond extract or vanilla
- food color, if desired
- currants, raisins, candies, colored sugar, finely chopped nuts, candied fruit or fruit peel, if desired
- Heat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon.
- Stir in flour, salt, egg, almond extract and a few drops of food color.
- Place dough in cookie press.
- Form desired shapes on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Decorate with currents if desired.
- Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until set but not brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- To decorate cookies after baking, use a drop of corn syrup to attach decorations to cookies.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.