Print Friendly Recipe
- with tomato, cucumber and canned white beans
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1/2 loaf Italian or sourdough bread, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 4 cups (950 ml) total)
- best quality nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) black pepper
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 large cucumber, cubed
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried basil or equivalent amount of fresh
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can cannellini or small white beans, rinsed and drained
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Place the bread cubes in a large bowl and generously coat with the cooking spray; toss, coat again, then toss again.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden.
- In the same large bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, basil and beans; toss to coat well.
- Add the bread cubes then toss gently.
- Can serve immediately but it is good after chilling for an hour, allowing bread to slightly absorb dressing.
- Adapted from a recipe from the Bean Education and Awareness Network
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.