Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 cups (475 ml) or more confectioner's sugar2 1/2 cup (125 ml) of finely
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). box vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1 cup (225 ml) finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped candied cherries, or well dried maraschino cherries
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) rum or bourbon
- chocolate or cocoa, optional (see notes)
- Into a large bowl, sift the 1 cup (225 ml) of confectioner's sugar.
- Mix in the nuts, cherries, corn syrup, and the rum.
- Scoop up about a tbsp or so of the mixture and form into 1-inch balls with your hands.
- Sprinkle about 1 cup (225 ml) confectioner's sugar on a plate and roll the balls in it to well coat.
- Store in a tightly sealing sort of tin or plastic container for at least 1 week, although two weeks is best, before eating, or giving them away.
- These cookies will mellow with age and will keep up to 1 month.
- If you want Chocolate Balls, add either 2 ounces of melted baker's chocolate or 2 tablespoons of cocoa to the mixture.
You can roll them in confectioner's sugar, and then afterwrds, carefully dip them into white melting chocolate or any other colored melting chocolate for a really nice touch.
These are good at Christmas or Valentine's Day.
If you don't like cherries, add some citron.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.