Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:Serves 16: makes 1 gallon
- 1 lb (.5 kg). bacon, diced small
- 5 oz (140 grm). green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 oz (224 grm). all-purpose flour
- 4 quarts (3775 ml) hot water
- 4 oz (112 grm). ham base
- 1 oz (28 grm). chicken base
- 3 oz (84 grm). sugar
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 8 oz (224 grm). leeks, sliced tops and bottom
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white vinegar
- 2 cups (475 ml) half & half
- Cook bacon in heavy pot until brown.
- Stir in green onions and saute 2 minutes.
- Add flour to bacon and onions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes; remove from heat.
- Add hot water, ham base, chicken base, sugar, potatoes, and leeks to the bacon mixture; heat to boiling.
- Boil for 15 to 20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Add vinegar and mix well; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add half & half and simmer, stirring often.
- When heated through, serve hot with a garnish.
- Will keep 5 to 7 days in the refrigerator.
- Courtesy of Whitestone Country Inn Bed and Breakfast
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.