Print Friendly Recipe
- Martha Purdy
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 5 to 6 regular sized Mars Bars
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). margarine or butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) Rice Bubbles(Rice Krispies) or Coco Pops(for a real chocolate flavour)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). honey
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped almonds
- 1/2 slab cooking chocolate
- Soften the Mars Bars in a bowl in the microwave until just soft and easy to stir... do not melt to nothing!!
- Mix the margarine or butter into the soft and still hot Mars Bars mixture and combine well.
- Add the honey and combine well.
- Add in the Rice Bubbles or Coco Pops, folding them in carefully so you don't crush them in the mixture.
- Stir in the almonds.
- Pour the mixture into a square cake tin, ensuring that the thickness of the bars will be approximately 1 inch.
- Melt the cooking chocolate over slow heat or microwave and coat the Mars Bar mixture in the tin with a layer of it... the amount would depend on how much chocolate you like... I usually just pile a whole chunk on...
- Even out the edges and sprinkle more chopped almonds on to the cooking chocolate, pressing some into it.
- Chill till firm and cut into bars.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.