Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:1 batch - varies
- 2 cups (475 ml) cornstarch
- 1 cup (225 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 whole egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) unsalted butter (no substitutions)
- 2 oz (56 grm). coconut, freshly grated (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Lightly grease a baking or cookie sheet.
- Sift cornstarch, sugar, and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the lightly beaten egg and blend in the butter, incorporating the coconut as well, if desired.
- Knead well.
- Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes.
- To prepare traditionally shaped Biscoitos de Maizena, roll about a 1-inch ball in the palms of your freshly cleaned hands and drop each cookie onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Using the tines of a fork, gently press the cookie flat with a criss-crossed pattern.
- You may elect to use a cookie press to drop your cookies on the prepared cookie sheet, also.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes, depending on cookie size.
- Let cool and serve with a steaming cup of Brazilian coffee.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- In Brazil these are called Biscoitos De Maizena. Maizena means cornstarch.
Source: Recipe-a-Day (firstname.lastname@example.org)
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.