Print Friendly Recipe
- The Thin Commandments Diet by Stephen Gullo Ph.D.
Serves/Makes:1 (2 1/4 c.)
- 1 14.5 oz (406 grm). can fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and cut in half
- 1 cup (225 ml) sliced mushrooms (use presliced)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 packed 1/2 cup (125 ml) baby spinach
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) lump crabmeat, picked over - 1/2 cup (125 ml) equals 2 oz (56 grm).
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan, combine the broth and garlic.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and zucchini; reduce the heat to medium, cover, and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and cook just until wilted, about 30 seconds.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the crab, lemon zest, and juice.
- Discard the garlic.
- Serve immediately.
- Prep: 5 minutes -- Cook: 9 minutes
This soup is amazing because it's so easy, so delicious, and so low in calories. Cooked shredded chicken could be used instead of the crab.
Per serving: 140 calories, 1.5 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 19 g protein, 14 g carbohydrates, 5 g dietary fiber, 45 mg cholesterol, 890 mg sodium
The Thin Commandments Diet
The 10 No-Fail Strategies for Permanent Weight Loss
By Stephen Gullo, Ph.D.
Published by Rodale
January 2005; $24.95US/$35.95CAN; 978-1-57954-898-8
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.