Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:3 cups plus
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) masa harina
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) flour
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) oil
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) chile powder
- 3 cups (700 ml) beef broth
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) comino (ground cumin seed)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) oregano
- 1 shot tequila, optional
- Blend flour, masa and oil and make a roux.
- Add chile powder and spices and mix.
- Add broth slowly, mixing as you go to prevent lumps.
- Cook until thick. (You may add water if too thick; masa if it's too thin.)
- Simmer for 15 minutes keeping an eye on liquidity.
- Correct seasonings.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.