Print Friendly Recipe
- from Emeril Live
- Martha Purdy
Serves/Makes:1 12 by 17-inch sheet cake
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) plus 2 tsp (10 ml) butter
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups (475 ml) plus 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) bleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Heat the milk and 1 tbsp (15 ml) of the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Put the eggs and 2 cups (475 ml) of sugar in a large mixing bowl, and with an electric mixer fitted with a wire whisk beat on medium-high speed until the mixture is pale yellow, thick, and has tripled in volume, about 8 minutes.
- With the machine on low, beat in the warm milk mixture. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together in another large mixing bowl.
- Add the egg mixture and vanilla, fold to mix thoroughly so the mixture is smooth.
- Grease 12 by 17-inch baking sheet pan with the remaining butter.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tbsp (30 ml) of sugar.
- Pour the cake batter evenly into the pan and bake until the cakes spring back when touched, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool for about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle a piece of parchment paper with powdered sugar. Using a thin spatula or knife, loosen the edges of the cakes, then flip onto the paper.
- Cool completely.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.