Print Friendly Recipe
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). beef round steak
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cooking oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml) dry mustard
- 1 4 oz (112 grm) can mushrooms, sliced
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- Cut round steak into serving size pieces.
- Combine dry mustard, salt and pepper; sprinkle over round
- steak and pound on both sides with meat mallet.
- Brown steak quickly in oil in large frying pan.
- Pour off drippings.
- Drain liquid from mushrooms and add enough water to make 1/2 cup (125 ml).
- Add liquid and Worcestershire sauce to steak.
- Cover tightly and cook slowly for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add mushrooms during last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Remove steak to warm serving platter and top with mushrooms.
- Per Serving: 300 Cal (30% from Fat, 69% from Protein, 1% from Carb); 50 g Protein; 10 g Tot Fat; 1
g Carb; 0 g Fiber; 7 mg Calcium; 5 mg Iron; 430 mg Sodium; 122 mg Cholesterol
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.