Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). ground beef
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped onion
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped green and yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) green chili s
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can tomato sauce
- 2 15 oz (420 grm). cans diced tomatoes w/ chili s, drained
- 1 cup (225 ml) ketchup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) mustard
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Vietnamese chili sauce (or a little more)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) creole seasoning (I use McCormick s) (add to beef while cooking with onions)
- 1 tsp (5 ml). white pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) Bisquick or other baking mix
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). sesame seed, if desired
- Heat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Cook ground beef in large skillet until beef is brown; drain well.
- Soften onions and peppers in skillet.
- Return beef to skillet with onion mixture
- Stir in tomatoes, sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, spices and mustard.
- Heat to boiling.
- Spoon into ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- Stir baking mix, milk and eggs with fork until
- Carefully pour over beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with sesame seed. (optional)
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.