Print Friendly Recipe
- 6 tbsp (90 ml). virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) toasted breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup (225 ml) loosely-packed fresh mint leaves
- 3 to 4 tbsp (60 ml). extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pkg. mostaciolli
- Bring 6 quarts (5675 ml) water to boil and add 2 tbsp (30 ml) salt.
- Remove tops from the fennel and save.
- Cut fennel into 1/4 inch batonette.
- In a 12 inch to 14 inch saute pan, heat olive oil until smoking.
- Add garlic and fennel and cook, stirring frequently, until light golden brown and quite soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add 1 cup (225 ml) bread crumbs and crushed red pepper flakes and continue cooking 4 to 5 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions until
- just al dente and drain well.
- Pour hot pasta into pan, add mint and toss to
- mix well.
- Pour into warm serving dish, sprinkle with remaining breadcrumbs and reserved fennel tops.
- Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and serve.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.